The prevalence rate of colorectal cancer in Asia has been relatively low in the past. Owing to the westernized dietary habits adopted by the local population, however, the disease is nowadays the most common cancer in Hong Kong, with the mortality rates for males and females ranked the third and the second highest respectively.
What makes colorectal cancer a nightmare are its silent attack and ability to remain asymptomatic for as long as 10 years. When there is onset of symptoms, the intestinal polyps would often have mutated into invasive cancer. Therefore, people aged 50 or above is recommended to have timely screening, detection and removal can prevent intestinal polyps from developing into colorectal cancer.
Detailed Medical History
Laboratory Investigations & Procedures
Follow-up Consultation for Report Review
Designated centres location:
Drs. Anderson & Partners
- 14/F, Entertainment Building, 30 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
Quality HealthCare Medical Centre - Central
- Room 501-507, 5/F, Prince's Building, 10 Chater Road, Central, Hong Kong
Quality HealthCare Medical Centre - Tsim Sha Tsui
- Room 601-605, 6/F, Hong Kong Pacific Centre, 28 Hankow Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- Doctor consultation will be arranged prior to laboratory investigations & procedures for above cancer screening programs.
- Please consult the physician for professional advice during doctor consultation for choice of cancer screening program and optional tests. If patients decide not to go for any cancer screening, centre's walk-in rate of the consultation will be charged. Doctor's consultation fee varies in different locations.
- Colorectal cancer screening program price includes basic laxatives, intravenous sedation, use of instrument and facility charge for the procedure. Pathological examination of the specimens, extra surgical procedures and extra medication are excluded and will be charged at centre's standard rate. If specialist consultation prior to the procedure is required, additional specialist consultation fee will be charged.
- For colorectal cancer screening, if patient is not suitable for Colonoscopy examination, doctor may arrange Virtual Colonography as an alternative where appropriate.
- Quality HealthCare will contact the customer within 3 working days after successful payment. Customers can also call physical check-up hotline at 8102 8068 for booking.
- The physical check-up plan is available at designated Quality HealthCare Physical Check-up Centres and Drs. Anderson & Partners.
- Customers must present their identity cards and order confirmation letter (printed or e-version) on the appointment day.
- Physical check-up plan is applicable to people aged 18 or above only.
- Physical check-up plan is not applicable on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- The redemption will be valid for 6 months starting from the date of payment.
- Amendment or cancellation is not allowed once the payment is confirmed, and is not transferable and refundable.
- All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
- In case of disputes, the decision of Quality HealthCare Medical Services Limited shall be final.