Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (Aged below 13)
The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends that quadrivalent vaccines to be used in the 2019-2020 influenza season (northern hemisphere winter virus) contain the following:
- A/Brisbane/02/2018 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
- A/Kansas/14/2017 (H3N2)-like virus;
- B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus; and
- B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus.
Intramuscular injection of inactivated influenza vaccine
Individuals ≥9 years old: Single dose
Children from 6 months to 8 years old: 1 or 2 doses are required and recommended to have 2 vaccines at least 1 month apart.
This product can be used at 31 designated Quality HealthCare Flu Vaccination Centres: Click here for more details
If you have any of the conditions, you are recommended to seek further advice from your doctor before receiving vaccination:
- suffering from any acute, chronic or severe illness or any illness (with or without fever) e.g. upper respiratory tract infection, common cold
- allergic to egg or chicken protein, gentamicin sulphate, formaldehyde, haemagglutinin, sodium deoxycholate, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, octoxinol-10 or polysorbate 80, Neomycin, magnesium chloride hexahydrate, RRR-α-tocopheryl hydrogen succinate, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, Disodium phosphate dehydrate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate
- allergy or serious reaction to drug or vaccine in the past
- blood disorder e.g. thrombocytopenia, coagulation disorder
Children aged from 6 months to 12 years old (age according to the date of vaccination)