**Early Bird Privilege $255 (Purchased on/before 28 November 2019)**
**Vaccine injection date starts on 1 October 2019**
Influenza is an infectious viral disease. It can be caused by various types of influenza viruses. In Hong Kong, the two subtypes of influenza A virus, H1N1 and H3N2, and influenza B virus, are most commonly seen. The virus mainly spreads by respiratory droplets.
The circulating seasonal influenza strains may change from time to time. In accordance with the circulating strains, the seasonal influenza vaccine composition is updated every year to enhance protection. Therefore, it is necessary to get vaccinated against seasonal influenza every year. Immunity to influenza begins approximately 2 weeks after having the shot.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends that quadrivalent vaccines to be used in the 2019-2020 influenza season (northern hemisphere winter virus) contain the following:
- A/Brisbane/02/2018 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
- A/Kansas/14/2017 (H3N2)-like virus;
- B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus; and
- B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus.
Intramuscular injection of inactivated influenza vaccine
Individuals ≥13 years old: Single dose
This product can be used at 31 designated Quality HealthCare Flu Vaccination Centres: Click here for more details
If you have any of the conditions, you are recommended to seek further advice from your doctor before receiving vaccination (doctor consultation fee HK$100):
- suffering from any acute, chronic or severe illness or any illness (with or without fever) e.g. upper respiratory tract infection, common cold
- allergic to egg or chicken protein, gentamicin sulphate, formaldehyde, haemagglutinin, sodium deoxycholate, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, octoxinol-10 or polysorbate 80, Neomycin, magnesium chloride hexahydrate, RRR-α-tocopheryl hydrogen succinate, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, Disodium phosphate dehydrate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate
- allergy or serious reaction to drug or vaccine in the past
- blood disorder e.g. thrombocytopenia, coagulation disorder
- Customers are required to take the vaccination during the vaccination period (1 October 2019 – 31 March 2020).
- Please contact designated centre for stock availability before vaccination.
- Customers must present their identity card, order confirmation letter (printed or e-version) and completed consent form to the designated clinic for verification before vaccination.
- The product is applicable to individuals aged 13 and above (age according to the date of vaccination).
- Individuals aged 17 or below (age according to the date of vaccination) MUST be accompanied by their parents/guardians, who will sign on the consent form on behalf of the enrollees in the clinic.
- Should a doctor assessment be required or requested, an additional fee of HK$100 will be charged.
- Neither amendment nor cancellation is allowed once the payment has been confirmed. Also, it is not transferable nor refundable.
- All vaccinations are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
- In case of disputes, the decision of Quality HealthCare Medical Services Limited shall be final.