Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (Aged below 13) 2022/23
Intramuscular injection of inactivated influenza vaccine
Individuals 9 years old or above: Single dose
Individuals 6 months - 8 years old: 1 or 2 doses are required and recommended to have at least 4 weeks apart between the vaccinations.
Designated Flu Vaccination Centres:
1st Tier Period (Mid-September 2022 to 31 December 2022): 25 designated Quality HealthCare Flu Vaccination Centres
2nd Tier Period (1 January 2023 to 28 February 2023): 13 designated Quality HealthCare Flu Vaccination Centres
Click here for more details.
Guidelines for Children Having Influenza Vaccine
- Participants aged 13 below are required to have doctor’s assessment.
- An International Guideline has been given that children aged under 9 years and who have NOT received any influenza vaccination previously, are recommended to have at least 4 weeks apart between the vaccinations. Children who reach the age of 9 years require 1 shot of influenza vaccine only.
If you have any of the following conditions, you are recommended to seek advice before receiving vaccination.
- Participants aged below 9 (age as at the date of vaccination) may be recommended by the doctor to have a second vaccine dose 4 weeks after the first dose. In such case, participants are required to pay an additional doctor consultation fee of HK$100 together with the vaccination fee for the second dose at the clinic.
- Suffer from any acute, chronic or severe illness or any illness (with or without fever) e.g. upper respiratory tract infection, common cold
- Allergic to any vaccine components, including egg white, chicken protein, gentamicin sulphate, neomycin, formaldehyde (preservative), haemagglutinin, etc.
- Allergy or serious reaction to drug or vaccine in the past
- Blood disorder e.g. thrombocytopenia, coagulation disorder
Download Quality HealthCare Mobile App to make a booking flu for vaccination services!
Individuals aged 6 months to 12 years (age as at the date of vaccination)