20 - Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (Prevenar 20)
- Includes seven additional serotypes (8, 10A, 11A, 12F, 15B, 22F and 33F) to strengthen the protection.
- Regardless of previous pneumococcal vaccination status, Prevenar 20 is well-tolerated and immunogenic.
- It is approved by the S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA), and currently is the conjugate pneumococcal vaccine that covers the most serotypes.
- This is a registered pharmaceutical product approved by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Hong Kong. It meets the criteria for safety, efficacy, and quality.
- Intramuscular Injection
- Single-dose administration
According to vaccine schedules suggested by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the U.S., please refer to the following recommendations:
- Individuals aged 65 or above, click here
- Individuals aged 19–64 with specified immunocompromising conditions^, click here
- Individuals aged 19–64 with a cochlear implant or cerebrospinal fluid leak, click here
- Individuals aged 19–64 with chronic health conditions*, click here
(^Including Chronic renal failure, Congenital or acquired asplenia, Congenital or acquired immunodefciency, Generalized malignancy, HIV infection, Hodgkin disease, Iatrogenic immunosuppression, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Multiple myeloma, Nephrotic syndrome, Sickle cell disease/other hemoglobinopathies, Solid organ transplant, History of invasive pneumococcal disease)
(*Including: Alcoholism, Chronic heart disease, including congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathies; Chronic liver disease, Chronic lung disease, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema, and asthma; Cigarette smoking, and Diabetes mellitus.)
high-risk individuals aged 18 or above or individuals aged 65 or above